Fast & Effective Allergy Treatment for Patients in Kensington, MD
Don’t let seasonal allergies ruin your day. Fast Track Urgent Care is here to provide quick and effective allergy treatment in Kensington, Maryland. Our state-of-the-art urgent care centers are staffed with highly experienced board-certified clinicians, offering comprehensive allergy care. With extended hours, we ensure that our services are convenient for your busy schedule.
Understanding Allergy Symptoms
It can be challenging to differentiate between seasonal allergies and a common cold, since they share many of the same symptoms. Seasonal allergy symptoms include:
- Itchiness in the nose and throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sinus pressure
- Red or irritated eyes
However, if you have those symptoms plus a fever, body aches, or a sore throat, it’s more likely that you have a cold.
Our Allergy Treatment Options
At Fast Track Urgent Care, our expert team can recommend or prescribe a variety of effective allergy treatments, such as:
- Antihistamines – These medications work to counteract histamine, which is a chemical that your immune system mistakenly produces in excess when allergens are present. Antihistamines can help relieve symptoms like coughing, sneezing, and watery eyes.
- Decongestants– These help relieve swelling and inflammation in the nasal cavities and passages to allow you to breathe easier. They can either be given as oral medications or nasal sprays.
- Combination drugs – Some allergy relief medications contain both antihistamines and decongestants to relieve multiple symptoms at once.
- Nasal steroid sprays – Steroid sprays work like heavy-duty decongestants to relieve congestion.
- Allergy shots– Also known as immunotherapy allergy treatments, allergy shots work by helping your body build immunity and tolerance to your specific allergy triggers over a period of time.
Based on your symptoms and your lifestyle, our clinicians will recommend an appropriate allergy treatment plan for your needs.
Walk In Today for Fast Allergy Relief
Visit Fast Track Urgent Care today for quick allergy treatment in Kensington. We are open on weekends and with extended hours during the week, and appointments aren’t required—though you can book one if you prefer. Contact us today to learn more about our allergy treatment options.