Get fast allergy treatment near Silver Spring at a Fast Track Urgent care location. With two walk-in clinics in the Silver Spring area, you won’t need to make an appointment to come in for allergy relief from our board-certified clinicians. Don’t suffer any longer! Visit Fast Track for seasonal allergy care today.
Seasonal allergies can make even the healthiest person feel under the weather. Runny nose, congestion, sneezing, itchy throat and nose—all of these symptoms and more can make it hard to enjoy the beautiful spring and summer weather! If you’re at your wit’s end with allergy symptoms, visit a Fast Track Urgent care location near Silver Spring today. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians can determine the most effective ways to minimize the effects of seasonal allergies and give you relief.
If you’re looking for allergy treatment in Silver Spring, MD, contact us online or call 800-417-1164 today!
What Are the Most Common Seasonal Allergy Symptoms?
Not sure if you’ve got allergies or a cold? Season allergy symptoms include:
- Itching or tickling of the nose and throat
- Runny nose
- Irritated, red eyes
- Sinus pressure
If you have any of the above symptoms AND a fever, body aches, or a sore throat, you most likely have a cold.
What Causes Seasonal Allergies?
Seasonal allergies are caused by pollen from grass, trees, and weeds. This pollen gets stirred up when spring starts and tend to linger through the summer months. You can try to avoid contact with this pollen by:
- Keeping windows closed when you are indoors (use air conditioning to keep cool)
- Staying in when it’s windy outside or pollen counts are high
- Washing your hair before going to bed to rinse out any pollen
- Changing clothes and showering after being outdoors
Even if you are able to implement all of these suggestions, you may not be able to completely avoid pollen. Luckily, there are many over-the-counter and prescription allergy treatments available to help treat your allergy symptoms. During your allergy exam at Fast Track, the doctor will review your symptoms and determine the best course of allergy treatment in Silver Spring for you.
Seasonal allergies are most often treated with over-the-counter or prescription antihistamines or decongestants, allergy shots, or other treatments.
- Antihistamines – Administered in pill form, antihistamines counter the effect of histamines in the body. Histamines react to certain substances by mistakenly treating them as harmful—so when pollen or dust makes you sneeze, that sneeze is your histamines trying to expel the allergen.
- Decongestants – Taken orally or as a nasal mist, decongestants relieve swelling in the nose.
- Allergy shots – Also known as immunotherapy, allergy shots help your body build up a tolerance to a targeted allergen.
- Combination drugs – Some allergy drugs contain a combination of antihistamines and decongestants.
- Nasal steroid sprays – These sprays reduce nasal inflammation.
Your Fast Track doctor or clinician will ask you questions about your symptoms and day-to-day lifestyle to help decide which seasonal allergy treatment in Silver Spring is appropriate for you. You may be given a prescription or an over-the-counter medication.
Walk-in Allergy Treatment in Silver Spring, MD
Don’t suffer any longer! Visit one of Fast Track’s walk-in clinic locations for allergy treatment in Silver Spring. When you don’t have time to visit your doctor or need relief right away, Fast Track is here for you. And you never need to make an appointment!
In addition to seasonal allergy treatment in Silver Spring, we also provide summer health care services like:
- Swimmer’s ear treatment
- Relief for bug bites and rashes
- Sunburn and heatstroke remedies
- Care for sprains and other minor injuries
If you’re looking for allergy treatment in Silver Spring, Maryland, get in touch with Fast Track today by contacting us online or calling 800-417-1164 today!