How to Get Rid of Allergies
Are your allergy symptoms driving you nuts? Join the club. Millions of Americans deal with disruptive allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, headache, and fatigue on a daily basis, and getting rid of them is far easier said than done.
The professionals at Fast Track Urgent Care in Silver Spring and Kensington, Maryland, understand the frustration associated with allergies. That’s why we’ve assembled a few ways to help you get rid of your allergies and get back to living your best life:
- If you have the time, take a quick shower or change your clothes after spending an extended period outdoors. Pollen and other allergens can cling to you and cause you to experience symptoms long after coming back inside.
- Be sure to stay hydrated. Not drinking enough water can quickly exacerbate your allergy symptoms and cause you to feel even worse. Also, drinking warm beverages like tea or coffee can help soothe an itchy throat.
- House plants are pretty and add a natural touch to any room, but consider getting rid of them or swapping them out for fake plants if you have persistent allergies. Dust mites and mold spores love to take residence in live plants.
- Vacuum two or three times per week to help eradicate allergens living in your carpet. Using a vacuum with a HEPA filter can also reduce airborne allergens.
- Consider investing in hypoallergenic bedding, or even an allergy-resistant mattress pad.
If these tips fail to relieve your allergy symptoms, it may be time to consult with the experienced medical professionals at Fast Track Urgent Care. Our team includes physicians with emergency medicine backgrounds who know how to provide expert care in an efficient manner. As our patient, you can be assured that you’ll receive personalized care and a treatment plan designed to help you live life with less allergy symptoms. Contact us today!