Preparing for Your Visit to Fast Track
Contact Our Urgent Care Center at 800-417-1164!
Get the most out of your visit to Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics! We encourage you to come prepared by viewing directions below about what to bring to our urgent care facility. Our friendly patient service representatives are ready to assist you! Call 800-417-1164 if you have any questions.
What to Bring to Our Urgent Care in Maryland
Below are the top items to bring to our urgent care center to make your experience easier on you.
You will need:
- A form of identification – driver’s license, passport, military ID, employment badge, or student identification card
- Your insurance card – Fast Track Urgent Care accepts nearly every form of health insurance. If you don’t see your provider listed here, please call us at 800-417-1164
- A method of payment – payment is due at the time of service
Personal Health Information Needs
Please have, to the best of your knowledge, the following personal health information:
- A list of current medications
- A list of past surgeries and medical conditions
- A list of any allergies
- Notes about your symptoms or any other information about your condition that you think your doctor should know
Contact Information Needs
In addition to the items mentioned above, please bring:
- Contact information for healthcare providers you see regularly
- Contact information for an emergency contact
Our Urgent Care Center Services
Are you preparing for a visit to Fast Track Urgent Care in Kensington or Silver Spring, Maryland? The following services are available at Fast Track:
- Lab services, including:
- Blood tests, including CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- PPD (tuberculosis skin test)
- Pregnancy tests
- Rapid strep test
- STD testing
If you need lab tests, please call ahead so that we can give you any special instructions you need for your particular test.
When Bringing Minor Children for Treatment at Urgent Care
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who can provide photo identification, current insurance, and (as required) proof of guardianship. If the minor is not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, the accompanying adult must have a notarized statement signed by the parent or guardian that authorizes treatment at our walk-in clinic.
When Should You Come to Urgent Care?
Urgent care facilities, such as Fast Track, are ideal for treating the following conditions:
- Bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infections
- Colds or flu
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Cuts and scrapes
- Minor broken bones
- Rashes and other skin conditions
- Sore throat
- Sprains, strains, and fractures
- STD testing
- Urinary tract infections
When to Go to the Emergency Room
If you are experiencing any of the following, call 911 and head to the nearest emergency room immediately:
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Severe injury or trauma
- Shortness of breath
Why Choose Fast Track Urgent Care?
The following information shows the top reasons why families like yours choose Fast Track Urgent Care:
- You can come in on your own schedule – Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You can use your insurance – We make our services even more convenient by accepting most major insurance plans. Check our provider page and call us if you don’t see your insurance company listed.
- You don’t need to call ahead – There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff – Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long – Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
We have two urgent care locations convenient to the Silver Spring area! If you have any questions about Fast Track Urgent Care, please call us at 800-417-1164.