|How do you know whether to go to an urgent care facility or the emergency room?
Typically, an urgent care center like Fast Track Urgent Care in Silver Spring can take care of minor emergencies, most illnesses, and minor medical issues.
When you have a medical need during the evening or on the weekend, and you can’t or don’t want to wait to see your doctor, Fast Track is here for you. In addition, our evening and weekend hours allow you to get some of your medical needs taken care of without missing work or school.
If you have a life-threatening medical emergency, you should call 911 immediately and/or go to an emergency room.
Come to Fast Track Urgent Care when you need treatment for:
- Animal bites – Don’t risk infection; get animal bites checked out and treated.
- Back pain – Our doctors can examine you and let you know if your back pain is a temporary imposition or a more serious condition.
- Bumps, cuts, and bruises – Again, don’t risk infection. If a cut is deep and/or won’t stop bleeding, get it checked out.
- Ear or sinus pain – Our doctors and nurses can help make you more comfortable and diagnose your problem.
- Eye swelling or pain – Any eye problem should be examined before it worsens.
- Infections – If you suspect infection, get it checked out.
- Mild asthma – Urgent care can provide relief. We have nebulizers at both of our locations.
- Minor fevers, coughs, and sore throats – When you can’t see your regular doctor, but need relief, we can help.
- Minor headaches – A nagging headache may indicate a more serious problem.
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea – These symptoms bring a risk of dehydration; our clinic doctors can help.
- Sprains or strains – Get your minor injury taken care of as soon as possible.
Fast Track Urgent Care also provides:
- Flu shots – Don’t let the flu slow you down! Both of our walk-in clinics can administer the flu shot and the flu mist.
- School physicals – Get your kids ready to start the school year or enroll in a new school.
- Sports physicals – Don’t risk losing eligibility—get your sports physical on time!
- Stitches – We can treat your minor cuts.
- STD testing – We provide discreet, professional testing for sexually transmitted diseases.
Do Urgent Care Centers Accept Insurance?
Fast Track Urgent Care accepts most insurance plans. If you do not see your provider listed here, please give us a call at 800-417-1164.
When Is Urgent Care the Right Option?
Some of the advantages of choosing Fast Track include:
- Accessibility. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- Availability. Our board certified doctors and nurses are accessible when you can’t schedule an appointment with your regular doctor.
- Service. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
Please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if:
- You have a life-threatening emergency
- You have a history of heart disease or have had a prior heart attack and are experiencing chest pains
If you have any questions about our services, staff, or what kind of issues we treat, please contact us or call 800-417-1164.