If you’ve suffered a car accident injury that did not require an ambulance but still needs treatment, come to Fast Track Urgent Care. We provide car accident injury treatment in the Silver Spring area at both of our walk-in clinic locations.
For car accident injury treatment with no appointment necessary, visit a Fast Track Urgent Care location near you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Even a minor car accident can cause pain and injury that limits your abilities. And symptoms and pain from these injuries don’t always show up right away.
Depending on its severity, a car accident can cause of multitude of injuries ranging from minor to critical. Here are some of the most common.
- Whiplash – Collisions can often cause drivers’ and passengers’ necks to quickly whip backward and forward. When whiplash occurs, the neck’s ligaments and tendons stretch and tear, resulting in moderate-to-severe muscle strain. A mild case of whiplash can usually be treated with ice packs and over-the-counter pain relievers. However, you should seek medical treatment if you’ve suffered whiplash and are experiencing:
- Severe neck pain, or pain and/or stiffness that dissipates but then returns
- Pain, numbness, or tingling in your limbs or shoulders
- Any unusual trouble with your bowels or bladder
Depending on the severity of your whiplash, your treatment may include prescription pain relievers or muscle relaxers, hot and cold compresses, a neck collar, and physical therapy.
- Cuts and scrapes – Glass, broken parts, and loose objects resulting from a car accident can cause minor to serious cuts and scrapes. It’s important to have all of these injuries examined, cleaned, and stitched if necessary. At both Fast Track Urgent Care clinics, our clinicians can provide stitches for cuts.
- Limb injuries – Breaks and sprains in arms, legs, knees, and other limbs often happen in auto collisions. Fast Track provides treatment for breaks and sprains.
- Chest injuries – The chest often receives forceful blows during a car accident—especially for the driver. The chest can hit the steering wheel, resulting in contusions or broken ribs. Even the seatbelt can cause a chest injury.
- Head injuries – From scrapes, cuts, and lacerations to concussion, head injuries occur easily and often in car accidents. Muscle strain often occurs in the back and neck as a result of sudden fast movements.
Car Accident Injury Treatment in the Silver Spring Area
For non-emergency car accident injury treatment, come to Fast Track Urgent Care. We have two walk-in clinic locations in the Silver Spring area. You never need an appointment at Fast Track!
Call 800-417-1164 for more information.
Additional Services Offered by Fast Track Urgent Care
- Urgent care – When you need immediate medical treatment, but your condition is not serious enough to warrant a visit to the emergency room.
- Treatment for:
- Checkups and well visits
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals
- School physicals
- Camp physicals
- STD testing
- Lab tests
Why Get Treatment at a Walk-in Clinic?
- You can come in on your own schedule.
Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class, or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 PM on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You can use your insurance.
We make our services even more convenient by accepting most major insurance plans. Check our provider page and call us if you don’t see your insurance company listed.
- You don’t need to call ahead.
There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff.
Our board certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long.
Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
- You can get your prescription filled while you’re here.
Both of our walk-in clinics have on-site pharmacies, saving you a trip to the drugstore.
If you have any questions about the services that Fast Track’s walk-in clinics offer, please give us a call at 800-417-1164.