Get Your DOT Physical in Silver Spring!
If you are in the process of obtaining a license to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV), you are required to get a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical. This exam ensures that you can safely operate a commercial motor vehicle. If you need a DOT physical and are living in Maryland or Washington, DC, visit Fast Track Urgent care for a walk-in exam. We will fill out the appropriate paperwork so you can be one step closer to reviving your CDL license.
Call Fast Track at 800-417-1164 to schedule your DOT physical exam or simply walk in! At our walk-in clinic, you can come when it’s convenient for you.
Fast Track Urgent Care Hours – Silver Spring
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Requirements for a DOT Physical Exam in Maryland
Below is a general summary of DOT physical requirements. The Fast Track clinician who administers your physical will be able to answer any questions you have during the procedure.
DOT Physical Vision Requirements
- At least 20/40 vision in each eye with or without correction (eyeglasses or contacts)
- At least 70 degrees of peripheral vision on the horizontal meridian in each eye
- Ability to recognize and distinguish typical traffic signal colors
DOT Physical Hearing Requirements
- Must comprehend a whispered voice at five feet or more with or without a hearing aid
- If that is not possible, you must pass a formal hearing test with an audiometer
DOT Physical Blood Pressure Requirements
- Less than or equal to 140/90
- If your blood pressure is more than 140/90 but less than 180/110, you may qualify for a shorter interval Medical Examination Certificate
Possible DOT Physical Disqualifications
- Failing to meet the minimum vision and hearing requirements listed above
- Diabetes that requires insulin treatment, unless you have an exemption issued by the Federal Motor Carriage Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Loss or diminished use of an arm or another limb that impedes your ability to perform commercial driving or tasks related to driving, unless accompanied by a Skills Performance Certificate (SPE)
- The use of some medications
- History of epilepsy
- Clinically-diagnosed alcoholism
For complete details on the DOT physical, visit the FMCSA website.
Do you need to schedule a Department of Transportation, or DOT, physical? Call Fast Track Urgent Care at 800-417-1164!
DOT Physical Examinations at Fast Track Urgent Care
What Does a DOT Physical Consist of?
The DOT Exam will involve a vision and hearing test, a blood test, and a urinalysis.
At Fast Track Urgent Care, we’ll guide you through a comfortable and quick DOT physical exam, which will help determine if you are fit to work as a bus driver or worker for the Department of Transportation. When you visit our urgent care center:
- You can come in on your own schedule. Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
Do you have questions about completing your health physical for the DOT? Get in touch with our patient services representatives today!
Walk-In DOT Physical in Silver Spring
At Fast Track, our goal is to provide prompt medical care when you need it—that’s why we accept nearly all major insurance plans. Give us a call or contact us online for more information about DOT physicals.
If you’re looking for “DOT physicals near me,” please give us a call at 800-417-1164 or contact us here!
Urgent Care Service Area
Our urgent care centers are located in Kensington and Silver Spring, Maryland.
In Maryland, we service the areas around Adelphi, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Chevy Chase, Colesville, College Park, Garrett Park, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Langley Park, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, and Wheaton.
We also service Washington, DC.