Department of Transportation (DOT) Physicals Near Norwood
On track to getting your Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) license? Don’t forget your Department of Transportation (DOT) physical. You can get a DOT physical in the Norwood area at Fast Track Urgent Care. Stop by one of our walk-in clinics—during the day or during our evening or weekend hours—to learn more and cross this task off your list!
Call Fast Track at 800-417-1164 to schedule your DOT physical near Norwood.
DOT Physical Requirements
Below is a general summary of DOT physical requirements. The Fast Track clinician who administers your physical will be able to answer any questions you have during the procedure.
DOT Physical Vision Requirements
- At least 20/40 vision in each eye with or without correction (eyeglasses or contacts)
- At least 70 degrees of peripheral vision on the horizontal meridian in each eye
- Ability to recognize and distinguish typical traffic signal colors
DOT Physical Hearing Requirements
- Must comprehend a whispered voice at five feet or more with or without hearing aid
- If that is not possible, you must pass a formal hearing test with an audiometer
DOT Physical Blood Pressure Requirements
- Less than or equal to 140/90
- If your blood pressure is more than 140/90 but less than 180/110, you may qualify for a shorter interval Medical Examination Certificate
Possible DOT Physical Disqualifications
- Failing to meet the minimum vision and hearing requirements listed above
- Diabetes that requires insulin treatment, unless you have an exemption issued by the Federal Motor Carriage Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Loss or diminished use of an arm or other limb that impedes your ability to perform commercial driving or tasks related to driving, unless accompanied by a Skills Performance Certificate (SPE)
- The use of some medications
- History of epilepsy
- Clinically-diagnosed alcoholism
For complete details on the DOT physical, visit the FMCSA website.
Why Get Your DOT Physical at Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You can come in on your own schedule.Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s Norwood-area walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long.Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
- You can get your prescription filled while you’re here. Both of our walk-in clinics have on-site pharmacies, saving you a trip to the drugstore.
Get a DOT Physical Near Norwood without an Appointment
If you have any questions about getting a DOT physical at a Norwood-area Fast Track walk-in clinic, please call 800-417-1164 or contact us here.