North Potomac Lab Services
Both of Fast Track Urgent Care’s locations provide convenient lab services in the North Potomac area. When you need quick test results, or can’t get in to see your doctor, please visit one of our walk-in clinics.
Laboratory Tests and Services at Fast Track Urgent Care
- Blood tests – The clinicians at Fast Track can perform a number of different blood tests, including basic metabolic panels, cholesterol and glucose tests, lipid profiles, and more. To find out if our labs can perform the blood test you need, please call 800-417-1164.
- CBC (Complete Blood Count) – A CBC test (sometimes called an FBC or Full Blood Count), is a blood screening commonly requested by doctors to get information about a patient’s blood cells. The CBC determines the number of red and white cells in a patient’s blood, as well as the amount of hemoglobin and platelets, among other counts.
- PPD (tuberculosis skin test) – If you or your doctor suspect you may have been exposed to tuberculosis (TB), it’s important to get tested right away. It takes 48 to 72 hours for PPD test results to appear, so if you need the test, make your appointment as soon as possible.
- Pregnancy tests – Fast Track offers confidential pregnancy tests.
- Rapid strep test – One of the most common tests for strep throat, the rapid step test produces results in about 10 – 15 minutes.
- STD testing – If you think you may have been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease or infection, you need to get tested right away. Get a confidential STD test at Fast Track.
- Urinalysis – Urine tests, or urinalyses, are used to detect a wide range of conditions from kidney stones to hypertension—and many more.
Fast Track Urgent Care’s North Potomac-area labs offer many other medical tests. Please contact us to learn more.
What to Expect When Getting a Lab Test
- Fasting and other preparations – Some lab tests require that you fast (do not eat or drink anything) for a period of time before the test. If fasting is required or if you need to avoid specific medications or make any other preparations, your doctor or the Fast Track staff member who makes your appointment will let you know. When in doubt, ask!
- Required paperwork and identification – When you come to Fast Track for a lab test, please bring the lab test request form from your physician, if you have one, and a photo ID, along with your insurance card.
Why Choose Fast Track Urgent Care for Lab Services?
Fast Track’s convenient hours make it easy for you to fit a lab test into your busy schedule. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide considerate, professional care with the same level of service you would expect at your doctor’s office.
Some of the advantages of choosing Fast Track include:
- Accessibility. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- Availability. Our board certified doctors and clinicians are here when you can’t schedule an appointment with your regular doctor.
- Service: Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
If you have any questions about our lab services near North Potomac, please contact us or call 800-417-1164.