Pediatric Urgent Care in Silver Spring & Kensington, Maryland
No Appointment Necessary!
Is your child injured or sick? Does he or she need immediate medical care? If so, please visit Fast Track Urgent Care in Silver Spring or Kensington, Maryland. It is our mission to put your child’s mind at ease with gentle pediatric care that gets them back to health quickly.
Visiting a doctor can be scary or intimidating, even to adults! At Fast Track, we understand this and take special care to put our younger patients at ease. Our board-certified pediatric doctors know that a gentle touch and a smile can make the healing process go that much better for patients of all ages. We provide affordable pediatric care for non-life-threatening health care issues, including sprains and broken bones, ear infections, colds and flu, vomiting and diarrhea, asthma and allergies, coughs, rashes, and childhood illnesses.
Instead of searching for “pediatric urgent care near me,” call Fast Track Urgent Care’s patient service representatives at 800-417-1164 to learn more about our pediatric urgent care services or visit one of our locations. You never need an appointment at Fast Track!
If your child has a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 immediately and/or go to the nearest emergency room.
When Should I Take My Child to Urgent Care?
Fast Track Urgent Care treats the following pediatric issues with no appointment necessary, so you can save time and still receive excellent service!:
- Asthma – Asthma can cause episodes of coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightening of the chest. If your child experiences a sudden, severe asthma attack, call 911 or head to an emergency room immediately. If the symptoms are less serious but are still causing discomfort, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for immediate pediatric asthma treatment.
- Common childhood illnesses – From chickenpox to RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) to measles, we can treat all childhood illnesses.
- Ear infections – Ear infections can make your little one miserable. Fast Track’s doctors can diagnose ear infections and prescribe treatment.
- Fever – If you are worried about your child’s fever, call your child’s pediatrician. She or he may recommend that you bring your child to urgent care.
- Minor burns – We treat minor burns with great care. Bring your child to Fast Track if you believe your child has suffered a second-degree burn or a first-degree burn that you are concerned about. Second-degree burns definitely require immediate medical attention.
- Minor cuts and lacerations – If you suspect that your child’s wound requires stitches, you should come to a Fast Track Urgent Care location immediately. The risk of infection increases the longer a cut goes untreated. And if your child tetanus shot isn’t up to date, a booster is critical.
- Possible broken bones or simple fractures – Not sure if a bone is broken? Bring your child to Fast Track for an x-ray.
- Rashes and skin infections – A rash could be a reaction to an irritant or a signal of a larger problem. Find out at Fast Track.
- Sprains and strains – Sprains need quick treatment so they don’t get more serious. Fast Track can diagnose your child’s sprain or strain and get her back on the road to healing.
- Strep throat – If you suspect your child may have strep throat, bring him in right away. Fast Track’s doctors and clinicians can diagnose strep with a quick test and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Vomiting and diarrhea – A troubled tummy is never a good time for your little one—or the rest of the household! At Fast Track, our doctors and clinicians can diagnose the illness and advise you on the best treatment for whatever is causing your child’s discomfort.
Do you need a pediatric doctor for friendly, gentle, and convenient medical care? Visit our pediatric urgent care centers in Kensington or Silver Spring, Maryland, or call 800-417-1164!
Additional Children’s Medical Services at Fast Track Urgent Care
When you or your child needs urgent care or walk-in clinic services in the Kensington, Silver Spring, and Chevy Chase area, come to Fast Track.
Why Choose Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
Learn more about Fast Track’s pediatric urgent care services in Silver Spring by calling 800-417-1164.
Is Urgent Care More Expensive Than a Doctor’s Visit?
The answer could be yes or no, depending on the needs of the patient. In many cases, urgent care is less expensive than a doctor’s visit because urgent care centers do not have a set office visit price the way a primary care physician’s office does.
When Should I Go to an Urgent Care Facility?
The best advice is to go when you or your child has an illness or injury that does not appear to be life-threatening yet can’t wait until the next day to be treated. Urgent care facilities, or walk-in clinics, are specially equipped to provide easy access to quality healthcare and pediatric urgent care for times when your primary care physician’s office is closed. If you believe you have a medical emergency, please dial 911.
Our Pediatric Urgent Care Service Area
In addition to our walk-in clinics in Silver Spring and Kensington, we also provide urgent care services for people who live and work around Maryland and Washington, DC.
In Maryland, we service the areas around Adelphi, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Chevy Chase, Colesville, College Park, Garrett Park, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Langley Park, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, and Wheaton.
We also service Washington, DC.