While you can’t always predict when an injury or illness will strike, you can take preventative measures against many types of health conditions. At Fast Track Urgent Care, we help you and your family stay healthy by offering preventative health exams and other preemptive services. We’re open seven days a week with extended evening hours, so you can receive the care you need when it works with your schedule.
We have two convenient locations in Silver Spring and Kensington, Maryland, which allows us to serve all of Montgomery County. Want to learn more about our preventative health exams before you stop in? Contact Fast Track Urgent Care online today or by phone at 800-417-1164.
What Are Preventative Health Exams?
You might only think about going to the doctor when you’re sick, but preventative health exams are important for your overall wellness. These include screenings and check-ups designed to uncover problems as well as vaccines to prevent illnesses in the first place.
Children usually take top priority when it comes to preventative healthcare because of age-related vaccines and development check-ups. However, adults can benefit from routine wellness exams, too. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 100,000 deaths per year could be prevented in America if everyone made preventative health exams a priority.
Benefits of Preventative Health Exams
Doctors are well-equipped to treat patients with injuries and illnesses, but as the old saying goes, sometimes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. By staying on top of your healthcare needs and visiting the doctor even when you aren’t sick, you may be able to:
- Prevent illnesses: Vaccinations are a proven method of preventing disease. In this age of modern medicine, we have vaccines for a wide variety of illnesses, from yearly flu shots to protect against this relatively minor condition to immunizations against measles, mumps, diphtheria, and other potentially life-threatening diseases.
- Treat developing conditions preemptively: Early detection is the key to treating many types of health problems, including high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, and more. Many times, these diseases have no symptoms in their early stages, but a blood test or other screening reveals them. If you have a family history of certain health conditions, it’s especially important to have preventative wellness check-ups on a regular basis so you can catch problems early.
- Peace of mind: You might assume your family is healthy because everyone feels well, but without preventative exams, how can you be sure? Physicals and health screenings give you the peace of mind you need because they ensure you don’t have a slowly developing condition waiting to rear its ugly head.
Fast Track Urgent Care Offers Preventative Healthcare
Come to Fast Track Urgent Care for all your preventative healthcare needs, including:
- Physical exams (including DOT physicals, sports physicals, school physicals, and summer camp physicals)
- Vaccinations (including flu shots)
- STD, STI, and HIV screenings
- Blood work
- Blood pressure screenings
- Medical counseling
- And more!
Choose Fast Track Urgent Care for Preventative Health Exams in Montgomery County
Maintaining good health and protecting your family from preventable diseases is easier than ever when you prioritize preventative healthcare. Whether you need a flu shot, physical exam, or blood pressure screening, come to Fast Track Urgent Care in Silver Spring or Kensington for convenient preventative health exams. Then, because we’re a full-service urgent care clinic, remember to choose us for all your pressing healthcare needs.
Stop by today for you or your child’s next preventative health exam – no appointment necessary! If you have any questions about the services we offer, please contact Fast Track Urgent Care online today or by phone at 800-417-1164.