Treatment for Asthma, Bronchitis & Upper Respiratory Infections
Are you looking for respiratory care in the Silver Spring area? If you are suffering from asthma, bronchitis, or an upper respiratory infection in Silver Spring, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for gentle and effective respiratory care. We treat respiratory illnesses—including asthma attacks and colds—at both of our walk-in clinic locations in Kensington and Silver Spring, Maryland.
Asthma can cause episodes of coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tightening of the chest. If you experience a sudden, severe asthma attack, you should call 911 or head to an emergency room immediately. If the symptoms are less serious but are still causing discomfort, visit Fast Track Urgent Care for professional asthma treatment. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians will be able to quickly assess your symptoms and offer relief.
Our urgent care center’s doctors can also prescribe an asthma treatment plan if needed. Get in touch with our patient service representatives today!
You may have acute bronchitis if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Increased congestion
- Pain and/or tenderness in the chest
- Persistent fatigue
- Slight fever and/or chills
Treatment for bronchitis will typically include a combination of rest, increased fluid intake, over-the-counter cold medicine and pain relievers, and use of a humidifier. You may need to take a prescription medication if your discomfort increases.
If the symptoms listed above are more severe and last for months, you may have chronic bronchitis.
Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics in the Silver Spring area offer treatment for both acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. Contact our patient service representatives to learn more about your respiratory care options in Maryland.
Urgent Care Treatment for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
COPD, caused when chronic bronchitis is accompanied by emphysema, is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States. Nearly 80 percent of COPD cases are caused by exposure to cigarette smoke.
COPD symptoms include:
- Chronic coughing
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
Treatment for COPD will start with quitting smoking if you are a smoker. Your doctor will help you find the smoking cessation method that is right for you. Additional treatments include inhaled medications, inhaled and oral steroids, antibiotics, and other oral medications. Lung therapies and surgery may also be considered.
Pneumonia Treatment at Urgent Care Clinics
Pneumonia symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
Pneumonia can be viral or bacterial. Pneumonia caused by a bacterial infection is typically treated by antibiotics. Viral pneumonia is usually treated with an anti-viral medication. If your pneumonia is severe, you may require hospital treatment.
If you think you have pneumonia, visit one of Fast Track Urgent Care’s Silver Spring area clinics for a diagnosis and treatment.
Nebulizer Treatment for Respiratory Illnesses
Fast Track offers nebulizer treatments near Silver Spring for asthma sufferers and patients experiencing other respiratory problems.
Nebulizers convert liquid medication into a vapor which is easily inhaled directly into the lungs. Many patients report fast relief after nebulizer treatment.
Urgent Care Respiratory Treatment in Silver Spring, MD
Please contact Fast Track Urgent Care to learn more about our respiratory care and nebulizer treatments near Silver Spring.
Why Get Respiratory Treatment at Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You can come in on your own schedule. Sometimes, making an appointment to see your doctor isn’t possible. Maybe you can’t miss class or don’t want to lose paid time at work. Fast Track Urgent Care’s walk-in clinics make it easy for you to receive the medical care you need when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would receive at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
- You can get your prescription filled while you’re here. Both of our walk-in clinics have on-site pharmacies, saving you a trip to the drugstore.
If you have any questions about respiratory care, asthma treatment, or questions about our walk-in clinic’s hours and services, please call 800-417-1164.