Private, Walk-in STD & STI Testing in the Glenmont, MD Area
If you think you may have been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease (STD) or sexually transmitted infection (STI), get tested confidentially at a Fast Track Urgent Care near the Glenmont, MD area. We offer a variety of tests at our walk-in clinics within Montgomery County. We are using a new lab that has helped reduce cost by 25% and uses PCR technology, which provides more accurate results.
Common STD symptoms include:
- Genital sores
- Genital discharge
- Burning during urination
- And more
You should consider STD testing if you’ve had unprotected sex, even if you do not show STD symptoms. Some infections do not cause any symptoms but can still be transmitted to a partner. Additionally, all types of sexual activity can spread STDs. Some infections transfer through bodily fluids, and some are spread through skin-to-skin contact. Even if you use a condom or other form of protection, you could still transfer or contract an STD.
Because there is no single test for every sexually transmitted disease, Fast Track Urgent Care’s health care providers in Glenmont can help you determine which STD tests to complete. STD testing can include a physical exam, urine sample, blood sample, discharge, or saliva sample.
Fast Track Urgent Care Provides the Following STD Tests in the Glenmont, MD Area:
- HIV/AIDS testing – HIV testing generally involves a blood test to detect HIV antibodies or HIV infection. A urine or saliva test can also be used to detect HIV.
- Chlamydia testing – One of the most common bacterial STIs in the United States, chlamydia testing requires a body fluid or urine sample to check for chlamydia bacteria.
- Genital warts/HPV testing – Genital warts, or HPV, are diagnosed through a physical examination. HPV infections are extremely common and don’t necessarily show symptoms through genital warts.
- Gonorrhea testing – Doctors can detect gonorrhea by testing a sample of bodily fluid or urine. Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and doesn’t always cause symptoms.
- Hepatitis – The various strands of the hepatitis virus can be detected with a blood test.
- Syphilis testing – Doctors screen for syphilis with a blood, bodily fluid, or tissue test.
- Herpes testing – Herpes testing requires a cell, fluid, blood, or urine sample. A herpes infection is often marked by an outbreak of genital sores.
- And more.
Will My Insurance Pay for My STD Test?
Fast Track Urgent Care accepts many insurance plans, providing convenient and affordable STD testing to patients in the Glenmont, Maryland area. Contact Fast Track Urgent Care for more information or visit one of our two walk-in clinic locations today.
Don’t Wait—Get Your STD or HIV Test in Glenmont Today
Get confidential STD testing near the Glenmont, MD area at a Fast Track Urgent Care walk-in clinic today. Fast Track’s doctors and nurses can assess your STD symptoms and provide the right treatment. Get diagnosed early so you can explore your treatment options and get better sooner. Fast Track Urgent Care’s two locations are open seven days a week and have on-site laboratories and pharmacies.
For more information on our walk-in clinics, contact us online now. If you would like to discuss confidential information, please call us at 800-417-1164.
Be prepared for your visit. Please bring these materials with you to Fast Track.