Do you need stitches in the Silver Spring area? When you or a family member has a cut that requires stitches, come to Fast Track Urgent Care. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians can suture cuts and lacerations and provide aftercare instructions and/or medication.
Not sure if your cut needs stitches? Come to a Fast Track Urgent Care location right away or call us at 800-417-1164.
How Can I Tell If I Need Stitches?
Stitches have two important jobs: to control bleeding and to keep your cut from getting infected. If your cut is minor and stops bleeding on its own, you can likely keep it clean with an adhesive bandage. However, if your cut fits any of the descriptions below, you should visit a Silver Spring urgent care center immediately for stitches.
- Your cut that is more than a ¼ inch deep
- Your cut is more than ¾ inch long
- Your wound reveals bone, fatty tissue, or muscle
- The cut is over a joint, like an elbow, knee, or knuckle, and keeps opening
- The wound is anywhere on your face; you should visit urgent care to have the scarring potential assessed
- Your cut is on or near your eyelid
- The cut is on your scalp
- The cut doesn’t stop bleeding after 15 minutes of firmly applied pressure
Note: If your wound is the result of an animal bite, you should come in for treatment immediately, whether or not you think you need stitches. You will need antibiotic treatment to reduce your risk of infection.
Silver Spring Urgent Care for Stitches
If you suspect that your wound requires stitches or you aren’t sure, you should come to a Fast Track Urgent Care location immediately. The risk of infection increases the longer a cut goes untreated. And if you haven’t had a tetanus shot within the last 5 – 10 years—or you can’t remember if you’ve had one within that time frame—it’s critical that you get a booster.
Don’t risk infection! When you need stitches, visit Fast Track Urgent Care in Silver Spring ASAP! Remember, you never need to make an appointment.
Call Fast Track at 800-417-1164 or contact us online.
Why Get Stitches at Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You can come in on your own schedule. Fast Track Urgent Care’s Silver Spring walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get the medical care you need on your schedule—when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room.
If you have any questions about the services that Fast Track’s walk-in clinics offer, please give us a call at 800-417-1164.