Allergy Doctors at Fast Track Urgent Care
Are you in need of seasonal allergy treatment in the Silver Spring area? Did you know you can get allergy relief at Fast Track Urgent Care? Our board-certified doctors and clinicians can determine the most effective ways to minimize the effects of seasonal allergies and give you relief. You never need an appointment at our two Fast Track locations. Come in any time during our convenient day, evening, and weekend hours.
Stop by Fast Track Urgent Care for allergy relief medication or call 800-417-1164 for more information when you’re looking for “allergy doctors near me!”
Two Allergy Treatment Locations in Maryland
Fast Track Urgent Care has two locations to help you find allergy relief, conveniently located from major highways such as I-495, I-90, and I-270. Located north of Bethesda, our urgent care facility is fast, friendly, and has the training and professionalism as your ordinary doctor. Stop by our walk-in medical facility today for immediate allergy treatment and hay fever relief.
10540 Connecticut Ave Kensington, MD 20895
13428 New Hampshire Ave Silver Spring, MD 20904
Open every day: weekdays 9am to 9pm and weekends 9am to 6pm
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
In the Washington, DC metro area, the cherry blossoms and spring flowers may be beautiful; however, for many Maryland and DC residents, spring simply means allergy symptoms. A runny nose, congestion, sneezing, itchy throat, and itchy nose—all of these symptoms and more can make it hard to enjoy the beautiful spring and summer weather!
Not sure if you’re suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold? Season allergy (or hay fever) symptoms include:
- Itching or tickling of the nose and throat
- Runny nose
- Irritated, red, and/or watery eyes
- Sinus pressure
If you have any of the above symptoms AND a fever, body aches, or a sore throat, you most likely have a cold. We treat colds at Fast Track too!
For allergy treatment and so much more, contact our urgent care center in Silver Spring or Kensington.
What Causes Seasonal Allergies?
Seasonal allergies are caused by pollen from grass, trees, and weeds. Pollen gets stirred up when spring starts and tends to linger through the summer months. You can try to avoid contact with pollen by:
- Keeping windows closed when you are indoors (use air conditioning to keep cool)
- Staying in when it’s windy outside or pollen counts are high
- Washing your hair before going to bed to rinse out any pollen
- Changing clothes and showering after being outdoors
Even if you do all of the above, you may not be able to totally avoid pollen. Luckily, there are many over-the-counter and prescription allergy treatments available to help treat your allergy symptoms. During your allergy exam at Fast Track, your doctor will review your symptoms and determine the best course of action for you.
If you would like to know more about your allergy treatment options, contact our urgent care center online today or give us a call at 800-417-1164!
Allergy & Hay Fever Treatment
Seasonal allergies are most often treated with over-the-counter or prescription antihistamines or decongestants, allergy shots, or other treatments.
- Antihistamines – Administered in pill form, antihistamines counter the effect of histamines in the body. Histamines react to certain substances by mistakenly treating them as harmful—so when pollen or dust makes you sneeze, that sneeze is your histamines trying to expel the allergen.
- Decongestants – Taken orally or as a nasal mist, decongestants relieve swelling in the nose.
- Allergy shots – Also known as immunotherapy, allergy shots help your body build up a tolerance to a targeted allergen.
- Combination drugs – Some allergy drugs contain a combination of antihistamines and decongestants.
- Nasal steroid sprays – These sprays reduce nasal inflammation.
Your Fast Track doctor or clinician will ask you questions about your symptoms and day-to-day lifestyle to help decide which seasonal allergy treatment is appropriate for you. You may be given a prescription or an over-the-counter medication.
Why Get Seasonal Allergy Treatment at Fast Track Urgent Care?
- You can come in on your own schedule. Fast Track Urgent Care’s Silver Spring walk-in clinics make it easy for you to get your allergies taken care of when it’s convenient for you. Both of our clinic locations are open until 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and are open on Saturday and Sunday.
- You don’t need to call ahead. There is no need to make an appointment at our walk-in clinics.
- You can trust our staff. Our board-certified doctors and clinicians provide the same level of care you would get at your own doctor’s office.
- You won’t have to wait long. Typically, the wait at Fast Track Urgent Care is far shorter than the wait at the emergency room or a traditional doctors’ office.
If you have any questions about the services that Fast Track’s walk-in clinics offer, please give us a call at 800-417-1164.
Urgent Care Service Area
In addition to our walk-in clinics in Silver Spring and Kensington, we also provide urgent care services for people who live and work in the following Maryland areas: Adelphi, Aspen Hill, Beltsville, Bethesda, Brookeville, Chevy Chase, Cloverly, Colesville, College Park, Garrett Park, Glenmont, Hillandale, Hyattsville, Kemp Mill, Langley Park, Layhill, Norbeck, North Bethesda, Takoma Park, and Wheaton.
We also service Washington, DC!