Seasonal Allergy Treatment Near Calverton, MD
Seasonal allergies can certainly put a damper on your mood; even more so when you live in a state with many allergens, such as Maryland. Fortunately, Fast Track Urgent Care is a trusted healthcare provider you can count on for allergy treatments. We have two locations that are conveniently located near Calverton, so you won’t have to travel far to find relief. When you stop by one of our clinics, our clinicians will examine you and get you the allergy treatment you need—even on evenings and weekends.
Seasonal allergies can make even the healthiest person feel under the weather. If you’re at your wit’s end with allergy symptoms, the doctors and clinicians at Fast Track Urgent care can determine the most effective ways to minimize the effects of seasonal allergies and give you relief.
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
Are you unsure whether you’re suffering from allergies or a common cold? It can be difficult to distinguish one from the other. Here are a few seasonal allergy symptoms to look out for:
- Itching or tickling of the nose and throat
- Runny nose
- Irritated, red eyes
- Sinus pressure
If fever, body aches, or sore throat are also present, then you most likely have a cold.
What Causes Seasonal Allergies?
Maryland experiences a wide range of allergens due to its diverse climate and vegetation. Seasonal allergies are caused by pollen from grass, trees, and weeds. These pollens get stirred up when spring starts and tend to linger through the summer months, which is why you may feel worse during this time. You can try to avoid contact with these pollens by:
- Staying in when it’s windy outside or pollen counts are high
- Keeping windows closed when you are indoors (use air conditioning to keep cool)
- Changing clothes and showering after being outdoors
- Washing your hair before going to bed to rinse out any pollen
Unfortunately, even if you implement all these suggestions, you may not be able to completely avoid pollen.
There are many over-the-counter and prescription allergy treatments available to help relieve your allergy symptoms. During your allergy exam at Fast Track Urgent Care, one of our doctors will review your symptoms and determine the best course of action for you. A few treatment options include:
- Decongestants – Oral and nasal decongestants will reduce swelling, alleviating symptoms like stuffy nose and sinus pressure.
- Antihistamines – Antihistamine pills help reduce or relieve symptoms such as sneezing, itching, runny nose, and watery eyes by blocking the effects of histamine. While effective, antihistamines may cause drowsiness.
- Allergy shots – Also known as allergen immunotherapy, allergy shots will help your body build up a tolerance to a targeted allergen. Over time, this can lead to a reduction in allergy symptoms and a decrease in the need for medication.
- Nasal steroid sprays – These sprays work by reducing inflammation in the nasal passages and suppressing the immune response to allergens.
- Combination drugs – Some allergy drugs contain a combination of antihistamines and decongestants to address various aspects of allergic reactions.
Your Fast Track Urgent Care doctor or clinician will ask you questions about your symptoms and day-to-day lifestyle to help determine which seasonal allergy treatment is appropriate for you. You may be given a prescription or an over-the-counter medication.
Visit Fast Track Urgent Care Today to Find Allergy Relief
Don’t let allergies disrupt your life. Visit one of our Fast Track Urgent Care locations near Calverton, MD, for effective allergy treatment and personalized care. Our compassionate healthcare professionals are committed to helping you find relief from your allergy symptoms and improving your overall well-being. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or walk in for prompt attention. We look forward to serving you and providing the care you deserve.